Pages

Thursday 5 November 2020

20 Slang Words - Freak The Mighty

Today for reading we need to write 20 slang words, most of my slang words are going to be from New Zealand, we are doing this for our novel study for Term 4, the book I'm reading is Freak The Mighty. The hardest part was thinking of slang words, the easiest part was everything else.

Here are my slang words:

Chur - means cheers bro                                                I                Dope - when you think something is cool

Bro - a short way of saying brother                               I                Salty - when you think something is sus

No Cap - means don't say anything                               I                Lit - a shorter way of saying liget

Yeah - means when you agree to something                  I               Skirt - when you drive a car and turn fast

Nah - when you disagree to something                          I               Peace Out - when you relax in peace

G - meaning of a gangster                                              I               Lowkey - to keep quiet 

What's up - a greeting you can say to your friends        I               Spill The Tea - when you gossip about                                                                                             I                                         something

Gucci - when you think something is great                   I               Bye Felica - it means another way of                                                                                               I                                     saying bye but in a cooler                                                                                           I                                     way

Cuz - a shorter meaning of cousin                                 I               Lessgo - its a way of saying let's go but                                                                                           I                                 you say it in a weird way

Crazy - when you think something is dangerous           I               Homie - a meaning of your best friends


       

1 comment:

  1. Hi Riansha

    Thanks for sharing your slang words, you haven't included the definitions for them though! Just like Freak's Dictionary in the novel, you need to be able to explain in your own words what the terms mean and how they are used.

    Have another look at the instruction slide please.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.