Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Recording Our Speeches

Yesterday for Hurumanu 4 we had to record us reading our speech in groups. My speech is about why students should be allowed to use their phones during class/school times. I have to answer a few questions to reflect on this term speech writing. What was easy, recording my speech. What was hard, reading my speech in front of my group.

What was something you enjoyed about this speech unit?

I enjoyed writing about my topic and sharing it with my group.

When were you challenged, or felt the "fixed mindset" of "I can't do this"? How did you overcome it?

I was challenged when I had to read my speech in front of my group, I overcome it by just being brave and doing it first when the other people in my group didn't want to do it.

What did you learn about yourself as a public speaker or presenter? 

That you need to practice more and more so you can get it right the first few times because it took me so many videos for me to concentrate, and I easily get distracted so I had to persist not to get distracted.

In your own words, explain what is the purpose of persuasive writing.

Persuasive writing is when you write something and present it, like saying it in public, or to your family and friends. It also means your telling the reader about something you want them to know.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.